The second theoretical and practical seminar Innovative developments in the sphere of Horizontal directional Drilling (HDD). Researches, developments, adoption. September, 2010
The second theoretical and practical seminar Innovative developments in the sphere of Horizontal directional Drilling (HDD). Researches, developments, adoption was held on the base of the drilling equipment plant Gidrofob RSM in September, 2010.
The Head of the cable laboratory at LONIIS, Professor and Academician at Peter’s Academy of Science and Arts Parfenov U.A., General Director of the NPK Gidrofob, The Candidate of Economic Science Voznuk V.N., the representatives of OAO Volgatelekom, OAO Rostovoblgaz, OOO VESTA-NN and other interested businesses and organization participated in the seminar.
During the seminar the following theoretical and practical problems were considered:
- methods of trenchless communications laying;
- features of horizontal directional drilling in different soils and in cramped, urban conditions;
- preparation for horizontal directional drilling with involving modern telemetering location devices and using drilling bentonite fluids.
Different equipment for trenchless communication laying of own production were demonstrated to the participants of the seminar.
• The Horizontal Drilling Machine UGB-2 with tools is intended for drilling horizontal bore holes 220mm in diameter and up to 30m long. The maximum efficiency is reached at a distance of 20m.
• The Horizontal Directional Drilling Machine UGNB-3M4 (the second modernized and improved generation of the machine UGNB-3M proved itself to be a good machine at the domestic market of equipment) is intended for controllable bore hole drilling at a distance up to 200m, with further enlargement up to 500mm in diameter in cramped conditions and close location of capital construction objects.
• The Horizontal Directional Drilling Machine UGNB-4 is self-propelled (full-track), intended for controllable horizontal directional drilling with further enlargement up to 600mm at a distance up to 300m.
At the proof ground of the drilling equipment plant Gidrofob RSM the master-class on horizontal directional drilling was held under the direction of deserved inventor of the Russian Federation, developer of domestic models of HDD equipment, General constructor at the drilling equipment plant Gidrofob RSM K.A. Morhov.
The project of the destructor TR-1-80 that is to go into series production on 1 October, 2010, was demonstrated to the participants of the seminar.
As a result of the seminar some decisions were made:
- To continue modernization of the machine UGNB-4;
- To approve the modernized machine UGNB-3M4 and put into use;
- To recommend the innovative project – the destructor TR-1-80 – for series production.