Technical characteristics of machines for restoration of low and large capacity cables UVK-MM, UVK-MM-2, UZK-3
A new machine for restoration of low and large capacity cables - UVK-MM - has been developed in collaboration with LONIIS.
1. Boost pumping productivity
2. Grow machines reliability
UVK-MM is intended for restoration of faulty (wet) cable lines laid underground or in telephone conduit in the field, cable sections pulled out of telephone conduit, and also for encapsulation of action or newly laid cable lines and cable sections. UVK-MM features the ability to restore two cables with different pumping pressure and flow rate simultaneously.
To boost productivity the following technical decisions have been used:
1. The machine is two-channel, in other words it has two channels that can be regulated separately. As a result each channel can be regulated so that it’ll have different flow rate and different pumping pressure (for instance, the first channel pumps 30-pair cable, the other pumps 200-pair cable). If there’s no need to pump two channels simultaneously one channel can be cut off.
2. The machine performance has been boosted. So, the performance of each channel is 20 l/h.
3. Fluid tank has been increased in volume up to 20 l as it is necessary to restore cables of large capacity (more than 100 pair), since big volume of fluid in unit time is required. Also one doesn’t have to refill the fluid tank with hydrophobic filler very often.
4. To increase an injection rate, ripple frequency has been increased from 2 Hz to 3 Hz.
5. To make filler more homogeneous and cut the time of components mixing, a stirring device has been increased in rotation speed up to 200 rpm (vs. 60 rpm). The stirring device has been increased in diameter up to 200mm. The number of whippers is 4.
To grow reliability of UVK-MM mechanisms the following technology has been used:
1. The lever system has been changed, pump elements of smaller diameter have been used; by this way the lever load has been reduced by 3 times.
2. The system of counterstroke has been implemented, i.e. plungers move in opposite directions (when the first plunger moves in an upward direction, the other moves in a downward direction), at the cost of it engine runs smoothly.
3. Frictionless bearings are set on the crank, which ensures continuous-duty performance without tear and wear of the mechanism.
4. Original worm reducer has been developed and it has 3 times more power reserve (200W). Frictionless bearings have been installed in the reducer. The shafts are tightened up by the means of cups.
5. To run the stirring device, a tooth clutch is used that improves mechanism reliability.
6. A valve slot distribution block with safety valve of improved reliability has been installed. The place of junction of plunger and sleeve is tightened up by the means of cup to prevent leaks.
7. The liquid purification filter is installed.
The main components of UVK-MM:
1. pressure pump
2. worm reducer
3. electric motor
6. control panel
All UVK-MM components are fastened to the frame and covered with a protective shroud.
A special underpan is installed to protect the components from ingress of dirt on their surfaces.
The main components of the pressure pump are two pump elements, the valve system (bypass and safety valves), manometer and the lever system intended for transformation of rotary motions into alternate motion and for changing of pistons travel.
The worm reducer is intended for the decrease in the rotary speed and increase in torsion torque of the electric motor. The cranks transmitting movements to the pump elements through the lever system are set on output shafts. The tooth clutch intended for switching on the stirring device is also set on the output shaft. Torsion torque of the electric motor is transmitted to the reducer through the clutch.
12 V 60 W DC motor is intended for switching on the machine for cable pumping.
20 l fluid tank is intended for hydrophobic filler preparation that is made of the main component and component 2 pumping into the tank through the measuring hopper. There are special 1l notches on the inner side of the tank; it is also equipped with the stirring device. Hydrophobic filler is taken through a connection pipe at the bottom of the tank. Two bypass hose are set up in the tank above; they connect the tank with the safety valves.
The transparent pressure cap prevents the tank from ingress of litter and rubbish.
Power cord terminals (+/-), power-up tumbler, switching on/off LED and protection device are set on the control panel. Manometers and machine discharge connections are also placed on the control panel.
Two handles are intended for machine transfer.
The high-pressure hoses have special ports and are intended for connection UVK-MM to cable through a universal connecting device.
The universal connecting device consists of a screw clamp, a connection and a nut-plug.
UVK-MM is powered by any 12-14V dc power supply. Machine power consumption is at most 60W.
The machine of a new generation for cable restoration - UVK-MM-2 - has been developed in collaboration with LONIIS. Constructively, UVK-MM-2 differs completely from the machines of generation before.
1. speed up pumping;
2. extend the length of restorable cable sections;
3. boost machinery reliability;
4. reduce power consumption;
5. make more serviceable.
To speed up pumping, the next technical decisions have been used:
1. Ripple frequency has been increased from 3Hz to 28Hz. It led to increase in speed and extension of pumping distance ~ 30%.
2. Machine total output has been increased. Output of each channel is 33 l/h (it is important for high-capacity communication cables).
3. The tank volume is 25 l. It is covered by a pressure dust- and waterproof cover.
4. Rotational speed of the stirring device has been increased up to 900 rpm. It allowed to reduce the time of mixing and, what’s important, improve the quality of mixing. As a result, the mixed substance has become more homogeneous.
Constructional changes of the new machine versus the machines of previous generations:
1. An axial piston pump in oil bath has been used instead of open pump elements. Pump rotation speed is 1680 rpm. It gives liquid ripple frequency 28Hz. Pump pistons travel in oil bath that lengthens the life of the machine.
2. The worm reducer (that consumes up to 50% of the overall power) has been replaced by spur pinions, that don’t require maintenance and work practically without wear and tear.
3. A friction clutch is used for switching on the stirring device; it works in oil bath, so, the stirring device can be switched on while the machine is running. (The tooth clutch is only switched on when the machine is out-of-operation).
4. The number of mechanisms that can cause failure has been decreased:
- No clutch between the electric motor and the reducer (there is flange connection of the motor and the reducer);
- No levers;
- No open actuated mechanisms (all actuated parts are in oil bath);
5. The tank indicator and all control elements are placed on the faceplate.
6. More reliable pressure controller is installed.
The main components of UVK-MM-2:
1. pressure pump;
3. electric motor;
6. control panel;
All UVK-MM-2 components are fastened to the frame and covered with protective shroud.
Special underpan is installed to protect the components from ingress of dirt on their surface.
The main parts of the pressure pump are the reducer with the electric motor attached to it, the axial piston pump, the tank, the control panel, the hydrophobic filler purification filter.
The axial piston pump has two regulated separate channels. The pressure in each channel is regulated by the means of manometers. Regulated pressure of each channel can vary from 0 to 15 kg/cm2, and flow rate of each channel varies from 0 to 33 l/h.
ÖThe parallel-shaft reducer is intended for reducing rotation speed, increase in torsion torque of the electric motor and transmitting rotation to the axial piston pump and to the clutch switching on the stirring device. The parallel-shaft reducer consists of constantly meshed gear wheels. The electric motor is attached to the reducer case, to its shaft a gear is fastened.
The 12W 60V dc electric motor powers the machine UVK-MM-2.
The clutch switching the stirring device is placed pn the reducer case and constantly smeared with oil. The clutch is represented by a friction clutch consisting of pressure plates (movable and fixed).
25 l fluid tank is intended for hydrophobic filler preparation that is made of the main component and the component 2 pumping into the tank through the measuring hopper. There are special 1l notches in the tank; it is also equipped with the stirring device. Hydrophobic filler is taken through a connection set up at the bottom of the tank. Two bypass hose are set up in the tank above; they connect the tank with the safety valves.
The transparent pressure cap prevents the tank from ingress of dirt.
Power cord terminals (+/-), power-up tumbler, switching on/off LED and protection device is set on the control panel. Manometers and machine discharge connections are also placed on the control panel.
Two handles are intended for machine transfer.
The universal connecting device and high-pressure hoses have the same construction like UVK-MM.
UVK-MM-2 is powered by any 12-14V dc power supply. Machine power consumption is at most 60W.
At the producer factory finished products are completely undergone the control procedures and go through the running in an average for 42 machine hours. A factory number is given to each machine; it is cut on a tablet attached to the shroud. The machines are packed in wooden boxes and equipment set is packed in a cardboard box..